Skip to main content

My NEW Top Five!

On my journey to becoming more healthy and chemical-free, these are my five most recent favorite things:

1. "The Healthy Home" by Dr. Myron Wentz and Dave Wentz

 The Healthy Home


If I could write a book on creating a healthier home and going chemical-free, THIS IS IT. I am so obsessed with this book!!! If you are serious about getting toxins out of your home, etc. than this is the book for you.

Want to know what's even cooler? The authors are the founders and CEO of Usana Health Sciences. There is so much in the news these days about supplements found in drug stores to have fillers or toxins in them. These guys wrote the book on chemical-free homes, so you can completely trust that Usana supplements are what they say and are truly good for you. Makes me love my Usana even more!

If you are looking for good supplements (and a natural way to treat your health rather than instantly running to medication as a quick fix), I would love help you. You can contact me here.

2. Jus' Hair Organic Salon

 Jus' Hair
You guys, I found an organic, CHEMICAL-FREE hair salon!! And it is only 15 minutes from my house. I can't even tell you how excited I was when I found them online (thanks Google). I even had a dream about my appointment the night before because I was so excited. I had my hair highlighted and cut by Jim there yesterday afternoon and it was AWESOME. Here is a picture of my hair (I hate doing selfies, so I apologize):


Considering that chemicals have been setting off my asthma lately, this was a fantastic find.

3. Blendtec blender


I finally purchased this blender (factory-refurbished) about a month ago and LOVE it! My main motivation was to make smoothies with tons of nutrition in it that I could give to my kids (and me too -- I love to drink my nutrition ;) ). This blender works so well and create smoothies that are so creamy - chia seeds, spinach, strawberries, etc. are completely pulverized so that there is nutrition, but no added texture, which means my kids inhale the smoothies. Yes! A win!

4. Nerium AD

Honestly, I don't mind getting older and I truly believe that beauty starts from the inside out (meaning, what you eat and the supplements you take), but I was in need to a new day cream and night cream so I decided to try this bad boy out. Nerium AD is a plant-based, chemical-free cream designed to reduce the look of aging, fine lines, etc. (I have a lot of sun damage that needs repair.) There are products that can do the same thing, with great results out there, but this is the only one that is plant based and doesn't contain a bunch of harmful chemicals. You can find more info here. (Note: I don't sell this product, but Nerium has a program where is you get referrals, you can earn free product. If you are interested in more info on the business or any other details, you can go to my friends' website.)

5. Tranquil essential oil



I don't normally have a problem falling asleep, but the past week, as I've tried to go to bed a little bit earlier, I've had a little bit of trouble quieting my mind and body and going to sleep. I bought the Tranquil oil a few months ago to put on my kids when they wake up in the middle of the night and have a tough time falling asleep. Finally, I decided to try it on myself. Everytime I use it, I calm down and fall asleep almost instantly...and get better sleep. No joke. This is definitely one of my favorite oils now.

On another note, if you haven't checked out my new website, Healthy & Free Living, there is ton of information on there. Please visit and share with others.

And, if you are on facebook, be sure to like my facebook page too!

I hope this list helps you on your journey to become healthy too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Have a Date!

The wedding date is set: Friday, March 2. I've already booked our church, our pastor, and the reception hall. Whew. I've been busy. Luckily, I already knew where I wanted the reception to be held and since I'm doing a Friday evening, it was easier to book the reception hall. My mom, Kara (my sister and matron-of-honor), and I are looking at dresses this Saturday. How fun! I already found one that I REALLY like online at David's Bridal. So, we are heading there first on Saturday. Jess bought me a wedding planning book -- wow! I had no idea that there were so many things to do! Plus, most people start almost a year in advance and I'm doing it in six months. Oh well. The work is well worth the short wait. So, how am I doing with posting so far? Look, Amanda, two blogs in one week! You must be proud of me. Still no pictures as Walter has been out of town and I don't have a camera. Hopefully, I will have some for you soon.

I'M ENGAGED!!!

Saturday night, on top of the John Hancock building in downtown Chicago, Walter asked me to marry him! I said, "Of course I will." The ring is absolutely gorgeous!! It's exactly what I wanted. (We didn't go ring shopping, but I gave him hints of what I wanted). It's a platinum solitare princess (square) cut one carat diamond. I'll take a picture of it and try to post it for you. It looks like our wedding date is Friday, March 2. I have to double check on some things, but most likely, that is the date. Here's the story: Walter was really low key about everything. We had already planned to go to Chicago that day to the Lincoln Park Zoo. I had never been there and we have a list of things we want to do. So, he picked me up at 11:30am on Saturday. He surprised me with a dozen+ (actually 14) red roses. We headed to Chicago and the zoo. Afterwards, we went to Frontera Grill where I have really wanted to go. It's incredibly difficult to get in, so he had call

Forgiven and Free

I've come to the revelation that I don't love people (other than my family, which I love fiercely). I'm not trying to be funny and I'm not being mean. I care for people and I genuinely show love and care, but deep down in my sinful, deprived soul, I don't truly love people. Let me explain... I've been hurt a lot by friendships. Numerous times I have let my guard down and tried to be real, just to have those people walk away from me for no reason. So I've put up walls and guarded my heart. I'll share only what is safe, but I struggle to be vulnerable and real. Years ago I went to counseling to help me with being more vulnerable (and my perfectionist nature). I grew a lot and after about a year, I connected with my future husband and allowed my walls to come down. I praise the Lord for him and allowing me to be real. My husband is a gift from God, but I still struggle with my female friendships. Guy friendships always seem to be easier to me. Maybe it