Skip to main content

Dancing With the Stars vs American Idol -- guess who got it right?

Yes, the DWTS finale was Tuesday and the American Idol finale on Wednesday, so you might have wondered why I have written yet. Well, it's pretty much that I've been trying to process things and calm down, etc. :)

On a positive note, let's start with Dancing With the Stars. I was expecting Giles to win, so it was a surprise that Shawn won. Pretty cool -- I voted for her. Here's the deal: she brought it during the freestyle routine. Past shows have proven that often the person who does the best freestyle routine wins. The best example is when Drew Lachey won DWTS (I can't remember what season -- 2?). Drew and Stacy were the best two dancers. Stacy's freestyle was pathetic and Drew's freestyle is still one of my favorite dances. Drew won. Kudos to Shawn. She did an amazing job -- especially for begin only 17. You can tell she's a competitor and can handle criticism -- she always kept her composure.

Now onto American Idol...

Ugh, America, you've let me down again. Quick side note...here's another reason why DWTS has a better voting system: not only do the judges votes count, BUT you have a limited number of votes. I find it humorous when AI talks about 800 million votes. Well, I voted at least 20 times (yes, I actually voted!), and I know there are plenty of people who would have voted WAY more times. SO LAME Amercian Idol. You need to fix your voting system.

You all know that I'm incredibly disappointed that Kris won (he is talented, I won't discredit him, and he really brought it the past weeks, but Adam is still better). But, I realize that his style and sound of music (college, acoustic, etc.) appeals to a large number of viewers - moms, tween and teen girls, etc. I'm still disappointed though. The thing is, I know a rocker can win (David Cook -- way to go America last year! :) ), so the real reason Adam lost was that the Danny fans and the people who disliked Adam for some dumb reason voted for Kris.

I've only seen the last half hour of the results show (taped the rest), but when Adam and Kris sang Queen's "We Are the Champions"...you SERIOUSLY think Kris is better! Hearing the two of them sing together showed how much better Adam is. Still wish Allison and Adam were in the final...Oh well. What's done is done. Congrats, Kris.

USA Today had an article talking about how Adam is so much more marketable than Kris. Adam's got the personality and flair to have the endorsements and advertisements. Even though Kris is the "All-American boy," he's limited in his ability to draw people marketing-wise. Again, I agree. Heck, Adam was on the cover of Entertainment weekly a couple of weeks ago! I also respect that Adam didn't talk much about what people thought of him, the rumors, etc. I'm a private person and I understand and respect that. Danny was the widowed worship leader, Kris the married college student, Adam the...um...the... Exactly. I think he was smart. I'm sure there are a million celebrities who wish people didn't know so much about their lives!

*Side note: I do feel bad for Kris that his first song recording will be "No Boundaries." That song is SO cheezy!!! AND it's absolutely horrible for his voice! Poor, poor Kris.*

Here's a key thing: I'm really going to miss seeing Adam perform each week. He's the only contestant that I found myself rewinding so I could hear his perfomance again. Each week, I didn't care tons about the other singers -- I couldn't wait till I got to hear Adam's song and what he would do with it. To me, that shows an amazing performer. I could listen to him over and over. Even though he didn't win, people will always know who he is and he will go far in this business. I already can't wait till he brings out an album and he would be AWESOME to see in concert. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Have a Date!

The wedding date is set: Friday, March 2. I've already booked our church, our pastor, and the reception hall. Whew. I've been busy. Luckily, I already knew where I wanted the reception to be held and since I'm doing a Friday evening, it was easier to book the reception hall. My mom, Kara (my sister and matron-of-honor), and I are looking at dresses this Saturday. How fun! I already found one that I REALLY like online at David's Bridal. So, we are heading there first on Saturday. Jess bought me a wedding planning book -- wow! I had no idea that there were so many things to do! Plus, most people start almost a year in advance and I'm doing it in six months. Oh well. The work is well worth the short wait. So, how am I doing with posting so far? Look, Amanda, two blogs in one week! You must be proud of me. Still no pictures as Walter has been out of town and I don't have a camera. Hopefully, I will have some for you soon.

I'M ENGAGED!!!

Saturday night, on top of the John Hancock building in downtown Chicago, Walter asked me to marry him! I said, "Of course I will." The ring is absolutely gorgeous!! It's exactly what I wanted. (We didn't go ring shopping, but I gave him hints of what I wanted). It's a platinum solitare princess (square) cut one carat diamond. I'll take a picture of it and try to post it for you. It looks like our wedding date is Friday, March 2. I have to double check on some things, but most likely, that is the date. Here's the story: Walter was really low key about everything. We had already planned to go to Chicago that day to the Lincoln Park Zoo. I had never been there and we have a list of things we want to do. So, he picked me up at 11:30am on Saturday. He surprised me with a dozen+ (actually 14) red roses. We headed to Chicago and the zoo. Afterwards, we went to Frontera Grill where I have really wanted to go. It's incredibly difficult to get in, so he had call

Forgiven and Free

I've come to the revelation that I don't love people (other than my family, which I love fiercely). I'm not trying to be funny and I'm not being mean. I care for people and I genuinely show love and care, but deep down in my sinful, deprived soul, I don't truly love people. Let me explain... I've been hurt a lot by friendships. Numerous times I have let my guard down and tried to be real, just to have those people walk away from me for no reason. So I've put up walls and guarded my heart. I'll share only what is safe, but I struggle to be vulnerable and real. Years ago I went to counseling to help me with being more vulnerable (and my perfectionist nature). I grew a lot and after about a year, I connected with my future husband and allowed my walls to come down. I praise the Lord for him and allowing me to be real. My husband is a gift from God, but I still struggle with my female friendships. Guy friendships always seem to be easier to me. Maybe it