Skip to main content

American Idol -- can you believe I'm actually following it?!

This is the first year that I've followed American Idol. I started to get into it some last year -- watched most of the stuff through YouTube -- mainly because I really liked David Cook. I refused to watch AI for years but finally gave in.

I have really enjoyed the season. Adam Lambert is by far the best one and so amazing to watch. It seems like most people either love him or hate him, and this is what I have to say: There is no denying that he is the best vocalist, musician, and performer in this competition. Some people thinks he is cocky, but I think he's confident. He's been able to come out and have great performances EVERY NIGHT. Plus, whether or not you think he's cocky, whether or not you believe he is gay, HE IS THE BEST MUSICIAN! He deserves to win.

I think all three of the contestants really brought their A game this past week. Danny's "You Are So Beautiful" moved me to tears -- especially on the results show when I kept picturing him singing it about his deceased wife. Adam's version of U2's "One" was a great tribute to the band -- he stayed true at the beginning and then brought some of his own feeling into it. Even though he changed it some, the message of the song was brought out just as much as in the original.

Okay, now I might offend some people here, but this is my opinion on Kris: he should have been voted out two weeks ago, when Allison got voted off the show. I hear so many people talk about his potential, but I haven't seen him live up to it yet. He does too many catches and swoops with his voice instead of varying the sound. I feel like people vote for him because he is a pretty boy and comes across very humble. People vote for Kris not because he is the best, but simply because they don't like Adam.

This is what's hard about a show based totally on America -- the majority don't know what it takes to be a good musician and performer. As you know, "Dancing With the Stars" is one of my favorite shows. And what I really like is that the judges' score counts for half and the viewers' score counts for the other half. So, the people WHO REALLY KNOW ABOUT DANCE get a say, but America can still rally around their favorites. BTW, the top three this week (Giles, Melissa, and Shawn) are exactly who should be there. Way to go, America!

BTW, now that I'm on a rant :), does Kara (the new Idol judge) drive anyone else crazy? I think she adds a lot of great information and counteracts Paula, but she talks SO much. The more she talks, the more Paula talks. Honestly, the only person I really care to listen to is Simon. :)

Ha ha! I'm getting really animated while writing this blog. :)

Look, here's the deal: As you know, I'm very conservative in my views. But I don't think Adam should get penalized for possibly being gay. He's a great musician. Period. God has given him a gift and who knows what God will be capable of doing with it. Have you ever been passed by on something simply for being a Christian? Or for having conservative values?

Comments

Manda said…
Agree about Kris, agree about Allison (WE LOVED HER!) and agree about Adam, on all points. I hope Melissa wins DWTS!!
Manda said…
p.s.Have you heard that Simon is leaving Idol? I'm sure it will get canceled soon after!!

Popular posts from this blog

We Have a Date!

The wedding date is set: Friday, March 2. I've already booked our church, our pastor, and the reception hall. Whew. I've been busy. Luckily, I already knew where I wanted the reception to be held and since I'm doing a Friday evening, it was easier to book the reception hall. My mom, Kara (my sister and matron-of-honor), and I are looking at dresses this Saturday. How fun! I already found one that I REALLY like online at David's Bridal. So, we are heading there first on Saturday. Jess bought me a wedding planning book -- wow! I had no idea that there were so many things to do! Plus, most people start almost a year in advance and I'm doing it in six months. Oh well. The work is well worth the short wait. So, how am I doing with posting so far? Look, Amanda, two blogs in one week! You must be proud of me. Still no pictures as Walter has been out of town and I don't have a camera. Hopefully, I will have some for you soon.

I'M ENGAGED!!!

Saturday night, on top of the John Hancock building in downtown Chicago, Walter asked me to marry him! I said, "Of course I will." The ring is absolutely gorgeous!! It's exactly what I wanted. (We didn't go ring shopping, but I gave him hints of what I wanted). It's a platinum solitare princess (square) cut one carat diamond. I'll take a picture of it and try to post it for you. It looks like our wedding date is Friday, March 2. I have to double check on some things, but most likely, that is the date. Here's the story: Walter was really low key about everything. We had already planned to go to Chicago that day to the Lincoln Park Zoo. I had never been there and we have a list of things we want to do. So, he picked me up at 11:30am on Saturday. He surprised me with a dozen+ (actually 14) red roses. We headed to Chicago and the zoo. Afterwards, we went to Frontera Grill where I have really wanted to go. It's incredibly difficult to get in, so he had call

Hey, Cubs fans!

Okay, so the Cubs are breaking my heart, but at least we have Derrek Lee. My dad and I went to the Cubs game on June 13th and here is a photo from where we were sitting (third row behind home plate)...awesome seats, horrible game. I've just got to keep believing. :) (I'm practicing adding pictures, hence this late post).