Skip to main content

32 week Ultrasound update

Well, I had another ultrasound this past Wednesday to check on the growth of baby Nski and he is doing great! All his measurements were perfect and he weighs 4lbs 10oz. I also made sure that they checked again to see if he is a boy and they pointed out everything to me. It's a boy. Whew! It also looks like my due date is still correct (was kind of hoping it would move up. Oh well). It's amazing the difference you can see between a 21 weeks and an almost 33 weeks ultrasound. The ultrasound wand was right on his face and so far, I think he looks like his daddy, but we'll see if that's true when he's born. I also got to see his heart, bladder, stomach, kidneys, etc. I'm so thankful to God that my baby boy is doing so well. The body is amazing -- it will feed and protect a child before the mother, so even when I forget to eat, etc. my boy is still healthy and growing. Despite my faults and weaknesses, God is creating a beautiful boy within me. :)

In other news...only 7 more weeks!! Yea!!! :) I was thinking this past week...as impatient I am for this baby to come, it doesn't even compare to waiting for a wedding. I remember thinking my wedding day would NEVER come, while I know that this baby will.

I finally found a floor lamp for the baby's room! I've been trying not to spend too much money, but still get a good lamp. Well, they just recently opened a Land of Nod outlet (Crate and Barrel's kid store) in Naperville and I found the perfect lamp last night at the outlet and with an additional 40% off, I got it for $29! Now I just need to find a lamp shade...

I washed all the baby clothes that I have right now and the baby's room is coming together. We need to hang some stuff on the wall, but that's no big deal. We haven't gone over a lot of birthing stuff together yet, and that makes me a little anxious, but I'm sure we'll find some time soon. I've been watching a DVD about caring for a newborn, etc. It's been very informative so far.

That's all for now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Have a Date!

The wedding date is set: Friday, March 2. I've already booked our church, our pastor, and the reception hall. Whew. I've been busy. Luckily, I already knew where I wanted the reception to be held and since I'm doing a Friday evening, it was easier to book the reception hall. My mom, Kara (my sister and matron-of-honor), and I are looking at dresses this Saturday. How fun! I already found one that I REALLY like online at David's Bridal. So, we are heading there first on Saturday. Jess bought me a wedding planning book -- wow! I had no idea that there were so many things to do! Plus, most people start almost a year in advance and I'm doing it in six months. Oh well. The work is well worth the short wait. So, how am I doing with posting so far? Look, Amanda, two blogs in one week! You must be proud of me. Still no pictures as Walter has been out of town and I don't have a camera. Hopefully, I will have some for you soon.

I'M ENGAGED!!!

Saturday night, on top of the John Hancock building in downtown Chicago, Walter asked me to marry him! I said, "Of course I will." The ring is absolutely gorgeous!! It's exactly what I wanted. (We didn't go ring shopping, but I gave him hints of what I wanted). It's a platinum solitare princess (square) cut one carat diamond. I'll take a picture of it and try to post it for you. It looks like our wedding date is Friday, March 2. I have to double check on some things, but most likely, that is the date. Here's the story: Walter was really low key about everything. We had already planned to go to Chicago that day to the Lincoln Park Zoo. I had never been there and we have a list of things we want to do. So, he picked me up at 11:30am on Saturday. He surprised me with a dozen+ (actually 14) red roses. We headed to Chicago and the zoo. Afterwards, we went to Frontera Grill where I have really wanted to go. It's incredibly difficult to get in, so he had call

Hey, Cubs fans!

Okay, so the Cubs are breaking my heart, but at least we have Derrek Lee. My dad and I went to the Cubs game on June 13th and here is a photo from where we were sitting (third row behind home plate)...awesome seats, horrible game. I've just got to keep believing. :) (I'm practicing adding pictures, hence this late post).