Skip to main content

Okay, so I lied!

I know, I know...I never posted a picture of that haircut (going again tomorrow to get it cut and highlighted -- yes, I admit that my hair color is partially fake). Not gonna promise to post a pic -- if you're on facebook, you can see photos of me there. :)

I keep talking about doing better about blogging, but still I suck. Maybe it's because I don't have much to write about. Maybe I'm just lazy. Or maybe I have too much to write about (yeah, that's not it). I guess once I have kids I'll do better. :) No, I'm not pregnant. That I will post on here right away. :)

My 30th birthday (December 13th) was AWESOME! Walter and my friends threw me a surprise party the end of November (Scavenger hunt -- Chicago Cubs and Bears theme -- ROCK ON!). My sister is amazing -- she went around town hiding clues THREE DAYS AFTER HAVING A BABY! That's incredible. Maybe one day I'll be as cool as her. ;) The day of my birthday was busy but great -- lunch with the fam at Egg Harbor in downtown Naperville, Walter surprised me with our own mini-celebration, Growth Group Christmas party in the evening. I am so loved and so blessed.

We had a wonderful Christmas (celebrated with BOTH families that day -- kind of crazy!) and a fun New Year's Eve/Day.

I am so excited for 2009 and all the possibilities. Even with the slow economy, my jewelry business continues to thrive. I've reduced my hours at Livingstone to spend more time focused on it and to clean the house -- he he. Plus, I'll be able to go to Women's Bible Study at church (for those of you who might not know, this is HUGE because I tend to avoid women groups where I have to share, etc.). With the regular hours Walter has with his new job, he seems to have a new lease on life -- rested, less stressed, and enjoying the time with me. It's SO great to have him around. The end of February, we are going on a Carribean cruise -- SO PUMPED!! It will be great to get away. This replaces the Alaskan cruise we were supposed to go on this past September and had to cancel at the last second.

This past Sunday, Walter's brother, Mario, and his wife, Micki, came over to hang out (Mario was painting our laundry room -- AMAZING painter...I can give you his number). Micki and I get along super well. We had a lot of time to talk and it was AWESOME! I'm thankful for her.

Not sure what else to say...I'm supposed to be working...my nieces are ADORABLE...my friend Amanda has one of the cutest babies ever (he he -- I know you're one of the only people who read this blog!)...Julie's girl, Kate, is precious (shout outo to my other reader)...

Oh yeah! We have our Regional Rally for my Premier Designs jewelry business this Friday and Saturday in Des Moines, IA and GUESS WHAT?! They asked me to sing at it!! I'm so excited. Pray for me -- I sing Saturday afternoon. :)

Seriously, God has bless me with amazing friends and an amazing Growth Group. I have really begun to experience for the first time what true Christian community is -- they have surrounded Walter and I with love and care.

2009 is going to be great. I can tell. I can't wait to see what God has in store this year.

Comments

J. said…
Yea--I got a shout out! I feel special (and Kate is flattered). Thanks for writing an update. Though I've seen your hair pictures on FB, I don't think I've said anything. I'm so proud of you for making a change and it looks great!
Manda said…
HOLLA! I got a shout-out too!! Thanks girl!! I think 2009 is going to be great too. I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday ... you deserve it!
And btw -- KARA IS A ROCK STAR!!

Popular posts from this blog

We Have a Date!

The wedding date is set: Friday, March 2. I've already booked our church, our pastor, and the reception hall. Whew. I've been busy. Luckily, I already knew where I wanted the reception to be held and since I'm doing a Friday evening, it was easier to book the reception hall. My mom, Kara (my sister and matron-of-honor), and I are looking at dresses this Saturday. How fun! I already found one that I REALLY like online at David's Bridal. So, we are heading there first on Saturday. Jess bought me a wedding planning book -- wow! I had no idea that there were so many things to do! Plus, most people start almost a year in advance and I'm doing it in six months. Oh well. The work is well worth the short wait. So, how am I doing with posting so far? Look, Amanda, two blogs in one week! You must be proud of me. Still no pictures as Walter has been out of town and I don't have a camera. Hopefully, I will have some for you soon.

I'M ENGAGED!!!

Saturday night, on top of the John Hancock building in downtown Chicago, Walter asked me to marry him! I said, "Of course I will." The ring is absolutely gorgeous!! It's exactly what I wanted. (We didn't go ring shopping, but I gave him hints of what I wanted). It's a platinum solitare princess (square) cut one carat diamond. I'll take a picture of it and try to post it for you. It looks like our wedding date is Friday, March 2. I have to double check on some things, but most likely, that is the date. Here's the story: Walter was really low key about everything. We had already planned to go to Chicago that day to the Lincoln Park Zoo. I had never been there and we have a list of things we want to do. So, he picked me up at 11:30am on Saturday. He surprised me with a dozen+ (actually 14) red roses. We headed to Chicago and the zoo. Afterwards, we went to Frontera Grill where I have really wanted to go. It's incredibly difficult to get in, so he had call

Forgiven and Free

I've come to the revelation that I don't love people (other than my family, which I love fiercely). I'm not trying to be funny and I'm not being mean. I care for people and I genuinely show love and care, but deep down in my sinful, deprived soul, I don't truly love people. Let me explain... I've been hurt a lot by friendships. Numerous times I have let my guard down and tried to be real, just to have those people walk away from me for no reason. So I've put up walls and guarded my heart. I'll share only what is safe, but I struggle to be vulnerable and real. Years ago I went to counseling to help me with being more vulnerable (and my perfectionist nature). I grew a lot and after about a year, I connected with my future husband and allowed my walls to come down. I praise the Lord for him and allowing me to be real. My husband is a gift from God, but I still struggle with my female friendships. Guy friendships always seem to be easier to me. Maybe it