Skip to main content

I suck...but I've been having fun!

I got all motivated to try to continously blog back in March and have failed miserably. Since then, David Cook won American Idol (woohoo!!!) and the Cubs swept the White Sox this past weekend (double woohoo!!). :)

Walter has been traveling like crazy lately (this is week 8 in a row) and I'm looking forward to when we can spend time together at home! Two weeks ago I traveled with him to Anaheim, California for one of his work trips. With my job, as long as I have a computer and internet, I can pretty much work from anywhere, so when he was working, I worked. We had a great time -- usually worked in the morning and then relaxed the rest of the day. On Sunday, we drove straight from the airport to LA to see the Cubs play the Dodgers. Cubs won, of course! ;) Monday evening, we had dinner at Downtown Disney (we stayed just a couple of blocks from Disney). Tuesday we headed to Laguna Beach -- LOVED IT! It is such a cute little artsy town (and I got some new Reefs while we were there). On Wednesday, I got to visit with my dear college friend, Katie Shubin, who I haven't seen in a few years. It was AWESOME!! It felt like no time had passed at all. Thursday we hung out at Long Beach and then meet our friends John and Amanda Huddle for dinner at an awesome BBQ place -- Lucille's (recommended by Katie). Once again, it was such a treat to spend time with them. Amanda and I grew up together in Naperville -- neighborhood and church. Friday was spent all day at Disneyland!! Yea!! Walter hasn't been to Disney before, so it was really a treat. I still want to take him to Disney World sometime -- there is definitely a difference between the two.

My jewelry business is going great and I still love it! It is such an enriching and rewarding experince! I have also been enjoying spending time with my nieces -- they are so adorable and sweet. They make me want to have children. Someday...no, I'm not pregnant, just someday...

BTW, if you want to read the funniest blog EVER, check out my friend Amanda's blog: http://insidedog.typepad.com/

Later!! No promises on when I'll post again. :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dana!! You blogged! I'm so proud! It was wonderful, awesome, and amazing to see you and Walter when you were here. You guys are just MADE for each other, and it's so wonderful to see you so happy. Thank you so much for thinking of us!!
And thanks for the blog props. WOO!!

Popular posts from this blog

We Have a Date!

The wedding date is set: Friday, March 2. I've already booked our church, our pastor, and the reception hall. Whew. I've been busy. Luckily, I already knew where I wanted the reception to be held and since I'm doing a Friday evening, it was easier to book the reception hall. My mom, Kara (my sister and matron-of-honor), and I are looking at dresses this Saturday. How fun! I already found one that I REALLY like online at David's Bridal. So, we are heading there first on Saturday. Jess bought me a wedding planning book -- wow! I had no idea that there were so many things to do! Plus, most people start almost a year in advance and I'm doing it in six months. Oh well. The work is well worth the short wait. So, how am I doing with posting so far? Look, Amanda, two blogs in one week! You must be proud of me. Still no pictures as Walter has been out of town and I don't have a camera. Hopefully, I will have some for you soon.

I'M ENGAGED!!!

Saturday night, on top of the John Hancock building in downtown Chicago, Walter asked me to marry him! I said, "Of course I will." The ring is absolutely gorgeous!! It's exactly what I wanted. (We didn't go ring shopping, but I gave him hints of what I wanted). It's a platinum solitare princess (square) cut one carat diamond. I'll take a picture of it and try to post it for you. It looks like our wedding date is Friday, March 2. I have to double check on some things, but most likely, that is the date. Here's the story: Walter was really low key about everything. We had already planned to go to Chicago that day to the Lincoln Park Zoo. I had never been there and we have a list of things we want to do. So, he picked me up at 11:30am on Saturday. He surprised me with a dozen+ (actually 14) red roses. We headed to Chicago and the zoo. Afterwards, we went to Frontera Grill where I have really wanted to go. It's incredibly difficult to get in, so he had call

Forgiven and Free

I've come to the revelation that I don't love people (other than my family, which I love fiercely). I'm not trying to be funny and I'm not being mean. I care for people and I genuinely show love and care, but deep down in my sinful, deprived soul, I don't truly love people. Let me explain... I've been hurt a lot by friendships. Numerous times I have let my guard down and tried to be real, just to have those people walk away from me for no reason. So I've put up walls and guarded my heart. I'll share only what is safe, but I struggle to be vulnerable and real. Years ago I went to counseling to help me with being more vulnerable (and my perfectionist nature). I grew a lot and after about a year, I connected with my future husband and allowed my walls to come down. I praise the Lord for him and allowing me to be real. My husband is a gift from God, but I still struggle with my female friendships. Guy friendships always seem to be easier to me. Maybe it